Special Thanks to The Happiness Club & SimpleToRemember.com
How to be happy in life. Follow the 9 steps laid out by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin for joy.
1. I think appreciatively and gratefully. What five things am I grateful for now?
2. I speak and act joyfully and kindly. (When you speak and act joyfully and kindly, your brain produces the biochemicals that create joyful feelings.)
3. I assume there is a benefit. What is good about this? (Develop the skill of reframing. Find positive ways of viewing events, situations, and circumstances.)
4. I strive for meaningful goals. What is my goal for now? (Being clear about your priorities is the first step to accomplishing and achieving goals. Take a step forward.)
5. I see myself being the way I wish to be. How do I want to be? (As you picture yourself speaking and acting in ways consistent with your highest and wisest self, you create your ideal self.)
6. I focus on solutions. What outcome am I looking for? (If a problem arises, first clarify the problem. Then ask, "What can I do now to solve it?")
7. I let challenges develop my character. "This too will develop my character." (Look at difficulties as divinely sent opportunities to upgrade who you are. What quality can you develop now with a challenge that you faced or are facing now?)
8. I consistently access positive states. My awesome brain stores my best states. What state do I want for right now? (When you give names to your favorite and best moments, you will find them easier to access. Just tell your brain to access the specific state you want to experience now.)
9. I smile and wave to mirrors. They always smile and wave back to me. (Research has shown that smiling to yourself in a mirror creates positive chemic