Rabbi Raphael and Goldie Tennenhaus started Chabad in Broward County in December 1980. They came to the South Broward community as a young couple and started a small shul on Wiley Street. That small congregation has grown into a large network of 11 center Chabad Centers in South Broward, the establishment of the Chaya Aydel Seminary, Florida's only Jewish Teacher's College for Women, as well as the construction of three Mikvahs including one for women who are physically challenged. Tennenhaus' congregation called Levi Yitzchok-Lubavitch is located at 1295 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. in Hallandale and is the headquarters for the Chabad Centers in South Broward, and is home to more than 40 programs and institutions.